300 Horton Cove Rd, Calera, AL 35040
Defensive Pistol Level 1 is a course of training designed to help you, as a responsible citizen, be more efficient with a pistol in the context of real world self defense.
It is not focused on simply making you the best marksman on a bull’s eye. Rather the goal is to help you quickly develop fundamental skills that you will actually apply in a worst case scenario a.k.a. caught off guard in a sudden, unprovoked attack.
The coursework is based on information about how the body works under stress and what really happens during fights. The program features a variety of specialty drills and training methods that you will be able to utilize in your own practice after the course in order to continue to develop your skills.
This course is two full days of intense training and practice.
The course will cover the following topics:
– Basic firearms safety
– Context of civilian defensive shooting
– How the body reacts under stress
– Defining accuracy and efficiency
– Grip, Stance, Trigger control
– Unsighted and sighted fire
– Fundamentals of deviation control & recoil management
– Presentation from the holster
– Balance of Speed and Precision drills
– Getting off the line of attack
– Assessment and processing information
– Slide lock reload
– Engaging multiple targets
– Strong and weak handed shooting
– Clearing malfunctions
– Dealing with threats from multiple angles
– Moving point of aim drill
– Shooting in motion
– Fundamental Skill Evaluation Drill
Equipment Required from Student:
– Semi-automatic pistol
– Outside the waistband holster (you may bring an inside the waistband holster to use after you are determined to be safe operating a pistol)
– 3 magazines (10+ round capacity) or 5 magazines (10 round or less capacity)
– 1000 rounds of ammunition
– Sturdy belt, long pants, closed toed shoes (dress appropriate for weather)
– Eye protection, Ear protection, Brimmed hat such as a baseball cap
– Plenty of water, small snacks, sunscreen, bug spray if desired
NOTE: The minimum age for open and concealed carry in Alabama is 18. If under 18, parent or legal guardian must sign waiver and be present during training.
DATE & TIME:
Saturday October 12, 2019 (9am-5pm)
Sunday October 13, 2019 (9am-5pm)
There will be an hour lunch break each day.
Class dinner Saturday night TBD
Double Tap Training Grounds
300 Horton Cove Road
Calera, AL 35040
FEES & HOW TO SIGN UP
To sign up online, go to https://www.paypal.com and use the account associated with the email email@example.com
In the notes, enter DP1-191012
Once registered, we will send you an email confirming your spot.
Cash accepted at the event.
Only 10 spots available. Be sure to register today!
About Coach Michael Tucker
Michael Tucker is the chief instructor at A.C.T. Defense, is currently ranked at 10th degree black belt in Bujinkan martial arts, a Sentinel International instructor in Personal Protective Measures Level 1, Personal Protective Measures Level 2 – Advanced Edged Weapons, and Women’s Protective Measures Level 1. He has also successfully completed instructor development courses in Tony Blauer’s Personal Defense Readiness/S.P.E.A.R. System Basics and Rob Pincus’ Combat Focus Shooting.
He has over 27 years experience in martial arts. He has worked as a Contractor for the US Department of Defense while training soldiers and DOD personnel before deployment to high-threat environments in hand to hand combat, improvised weapons, pistol and rifle shooting, and tactical driving. He as also been contracted to develop courses for Southern Company, Samford University, The Birmingham YMCA, KlassKIDS Foundation and others. He continually studies how human movement, behavior, psychology, physiology, and training methodology relate to the practice of self defense and surviving violence.
Please feel free to share on your timelines and invite your friends and family.
If you have any questions or concerns, don’t hesitate to contact us at actdefenseagmail.com