Defensive firearms training is an essential self defense skill in modern America. This course lays the foundation for those skills in the context of a sudden, unexpected attack on you, the responsible concealed carry civilian.
ABOUT DEFENSIVE PISTOL LEVEL 1
Defensive Pistol Level 1 is a course of training designed to help you, as a responsible citizen, be more efficient with a pistol in the context of everyday, civilian self defense.
It is not focused on simply making you the best marksman on a bullseye. Rather the goal is to help you quickly develop fundamental skills that you will actually apply in a real world worst case scenario.
The coursework is based on information about how the body works under stress and what really happens during fights. The program features a variety of specialty drills and training methods that you will be able to utilize in your own practice after the course in order to continue to develop your skills.
This course is two full days of essential training and practice.
The course will cover the following topics:
- Basic firearms safety
- Context of civilian defensive shooting
- How the body reacts under stress
- Defining accuracy and efficiency
- Grip, Stance, Trigger control
- Unsighted and sighted fire
- Fundamentals of deviation control & recoil management
- Presentation from the holster
- Balance of Speed and Precision drills
- Getting off the line of attack
- Assessment and processing information
- Slide lock reload
- Engaging multiple targets
- Strong and weak handed shooting
- Clearing malfunctions
- Dealing with threats from multiple angles
- Moving point of aim drill
- Shooting in motion
- Fundamental Skill Evaluation Drill
Equipment Required from Student:
- Semi-automatic pistol
- Outside the waistband holster (you may bring an inside the waistband holster to use after you are determined to be safe operating a pistol)
- 3 magazines (10+ round capacity) or 5 magazines (10 round or less capacity)
- 1000 rounds of ammunition
- Sturdy belt, long pants, closed toed shoes (dress appropriate for weather)
- Eye protection, Ear protection, Brimmed hat such as a baseball cap
- Plenty of water, small snacks, sunscreen, bug spray if desired
NOTE: The minimum age for open and concealed carry in Alabama is 18. If under 18, parent or legal guardian must sign waiver and be present during training.
Only 10 spots available per course to maximize safety and quality of training. Be sure to sign up today to guarantee your spot!
UPCOMING COURSE DATES
Defensive Pistol Level 1 – October 13-14, 2018 at Double Tap Training Grounds in Calera, AL