“Most men fear women will laugh at them. Women fear men will rape and kill them.” – Gavin de Becker, author of The Gift of Fear. Women’s self defense training is essential in America.
It’s clear that women in particular are often the target of violence. Just look at the statistics. 1 in 5 American women has been the victim of an attempted or completed rape in their lifetime. Most women who are murdered, die at the hands of an intimate partner. 75% of rapes are committed by someone the victim knew. It takes an average of 7 attempts for a victim of domestic violence to successfully leave an abusive relationship. The most dangerous time for her is when she leaves. Restraining orders are just pieces of paper. And if she doesn’t have a good support system to rely on, she may get swept up into the sex trafficking industry.
But there is a light at the end of this dark tunnel. The majority of women that fight back and/or run when attacked, escape without serious injury and suffer less PTSD. Women’s Protective Measures is where you get the mindset and skills to fight back!
UPCOMING WOMEN’S PROTECTIVE MEASURES COURSE DATES
Women’s Protective Measures Level 1 – November 3, 2018 at Hoover Tactical Firearms
What is Women’s Protective Measures?
Women’s Protective Measures courses are based upon our Personal Protective Measures Level 1 course, but with a greater focus on the defensive issues that you as a woman are more likely to face. Situations such as anti-abduction and anti-rape tactics, as well as defending yourself while you’re with your children. This is not a fancy martial art course. Women’s self defense is easy to learn and simple to apply. You. Can. Do. This!
In our Women’s Protective Measures Level 1 course, you will discover:
- Understanding true indicators of danger to control excess fear so that instead of freezing, you properly assess the situation, make a plan, and take action!
- Surviving the initial surprise attack.
- Since you will likely be smaller, lighter, and weaker than your attacker, you could end up being pushed or thrown to the ground. Learn to fight back from this disadvantageous position, get to your feet, and escape to safety.
- Learn to escape arm grabs, body holds, chokes, and hair pulls so that you aren’t taken to a “secondary location.”
- Learn to fight your way to safety from abduction or rape while inside a car. Always a class favorite!
- How to keep your children safer in the midst of an attack.
- A voluntary evaluation of what you’ve learned by working through realistic simulation drills.
- Women’s Protective Measures Level 1 is a single day course. $150/person.
- We offer incentives for course hosts!
When you attend a Women’s Protective Measures Course, you’ll also receive:
- Access to our private Alumni Facebook Group where you can converse with other course graduates to ask questions, discuss training concepts, get self defense tips and drills, analyze videos, get notifications of upcoming events and more! Think of it as an online continuing education tool.